Monday, February 13, 2006

Convert MP3 to OGG in Linux

Convert MP3 to OGG in Linux:

"There has been occassion where I've needed to convert MP3 to OGG. I know, I know, I know, it's never a good idea to convert a lossy format to another lossy format, but sometimes it's unavoidable. I came up with the following command to do just what I needed. I had to include --downmix and -b 32 for what I was doing, but they're likely not required. This just tells mpg321 to write to STDOUT in raw wav format, and oggenc to read from STDIN the raw wav."

Such code I've found

Code:
mpg321 input.mp3 -w - | oggenc -o output.ogg -

Or
mpg321 input.mp3 -w raw && oggenc raw -o output.ogg

Note: raw is just a file name, it could be anything you want...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your info.

Author said...

Thanks for the post..
Here is online free mp3 to ogg converter
convert mp3 to ogg