Tuesday, September 08, 2009

QuakeLive Crackling Sound in openSuSE

Finally the most famous game developer - id Software issued their Linux and Mac version of revolutionary Quake Live game. Why it is revolutionary? Cause you can use web browser to play 3D games. My special thanks to id Software for this great job.
It's a pity that id Software don't plan to issue Linux ports of their future games cause they really don't know how many people in the world use Linux.
I had opportunity to test Quake Live just it was realized this year. First I played with Windows (cause only this version was exist that time) by great Mozilla Firefox browser. Recently I tested it on Mac OS 10.5.8 with Safari browser. And now I play within openSuSE 11.0 by Mozilla Firefox. All platforms shows good speed and reliability. The only problem I had in Linux was crackling sound. For those who have same problems help THIS post. Have a good time playing ☺

No comments: